One of the key factors in risk management is control over your programme or project. The Office of Government Commerce (OGC), developed a review process te enhance the quality of management.
Source: OfficOGC/Gateway Review Process
“The OGC Gateway Process examines programmes and projects at key decision points in their lifecycle. It looks ahead to provide assurance that they can progress successfully to the next stage; the process is best practice in central civil government, the health sector, local government and Defence.
OGC Gateway Reviews are applicable to a wide range of programmes and projects including:
– policy development and implementation
– organisational change and other change initiatives
– acquisition programmes and projects
– property/construction developments
– IT enabled business change
– procurements using or establishing framework arrangements
The process is mandatory in central civil government.” Read more