During the European Week of Regions and Cities on the 11th of October 2017 PRIMO will join the UDITE workshop about building resilient cities and regions. Place: Conference room JDE-51, Rue Belliard 99-101, 1040 Bruxelles, Belgium. Time: 09:00 – 10:45.
This workshop will offer insights into how local authorities can plan, prioritise & implement local resilience plans. Local authorities and Cities, international organisations and the private sector will debate how we can work together to build resilience to withstand unexpected disruptions and drive long-term viability. With an ever more interconnected global economy, the risks to our communities from climatic events, cyber-attacks and risks to human health are multiple. Effective partnership is key to resilience planning.
The workshop will hear about how our cities are dealing with global risks through smart resilience responses across Europe. Local government is the closest level to their citizens and they play a key role in responding to crises and emergencies, delivering essential services & investing in the economic and social wellbeing of their communities. But moving from policy to practice requires effective action and this workshop will provide a useful insight into the issues from a global to local perspective.
Chair/Moderator: Mr. Geoff Meade, United Kingdom
- Holger Robrecht, ICLEI, Local Governments for Sustainability, Freiburg, Germany.
- Oliver Wild, Veolia, Chief Risk, Insurance and Compliance Officer, Australia.
- Jack Kruf, PRIMO Europe, President, Brussels, Belgium.
- Cabinet representative, TBC, European Commission, Member of cabinet for Yyrki Katainen.
- WEForum representative Global Risks Report, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Tim Lucey, UDITE/CCMA, City manager, Cork, Ireland.
- Miguel de Castro Neto, Associate Professor NOVA IMS Information Management School, Lisbon, Portugal.