PRIMO Europe is focused on helping organisations – as the highest form of public risk management – to implement frameworks, methods and techniques to improve on the Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 13 is Climate Action: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
The goals has 5 targets:
- Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries.
- Integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies and planning.
- Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning.
- Implement the commitment undertaken by developed-country parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change to a goal of mobilizing jointly $100 billion annually by 2020 from all sources to address the needs of developing countries in the context of meaningful mitigation actions and transparency on implementation and fully operationalize the Green Climate Fund through its capitalization as soon as possible.
- Promote mechanisms for raising capacity for effective climate change-related planning and management in least developed countries and small island developing States, including focusing on women, youth and local and marginalized communities.
ISO 14000 family
We think that the package of ISO standards developed for tackling climate change, or at least take action on the shortest term possible, can be very helpful.
The ISO 14000 family of standards for environmental management developed by ISO technical committee ISO/TC 207, Environmental management, is firmly established as the global benchmark for promoting good practice in environmental management and design. The ISO 14000 family also includes supporting tools for environmental management and the design of environmentally friendly products and services.
- ISO14001 Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use. This standard helps organizations achieve their objectives in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Other standards in the family include :
- ISO14004, Environmental management systems – General guidelines on implementation
- ISO14006, Environmental management systems – Guidelines for incorporating ecodesign
- ISO14040, Environmental management – Life cycle assessment – Principles and framework
- ISO14044, Environmental management – Life cycle assessment – Requirements and guidelines
For more information download ISO Climate Change.