Strategic focus: ‘Be prepared, cherish your values.’
PRIMO developed the Value & Risk Review. It is a strategic and dialogue oriented diagnosis of the state of your values, resilience, targets and plans in connection with the state of your (public) governance. It gives you insight where performance, result and success cross the path of resilience and risks. Where are the crucial trends and developments around you, and which of them are chances and opportunities to increase your performance. Where also are matters to avoid or treaths to manage.
It gives you ground for improved governance on crucial interfaces and processes as well as the possibility to correct your strategic or operational navigation where needed. It contributes to the quality of your decisions.
Benefits of a good diagnosis sometimes are hard to quantify but in general our experience is that they lead to an improved culture of openness and fairness, higher reliability by better decisions, more common insight in relation content of a portfolio and the quality of governance and above all to direct operational changes in navigation. Financial benefits are ‘calculated’ on a factor 15 between investment and profit. Scientists Andrew Healy (Loyola Marymount University) and Neil Malhotra (Stanford University), estimated:
“that $1 spent on preparedness is worth about $15 in terms of the future damage it mitigates. By estimating both the determinants of policy decisions and the consequences of those policies, we provide more complete evidence about citizen competence and government accountability.”
We help you to find your way in how to develop a strong and dedicated leadership management style related to uncertainties and risks. About this a lot has been written, reflected and published but PRIMO has the conviction that there is a huge win in daily practice to be gained by focused application of the essential building blocks. We offer you insight how to set a structure and develop a culture, both supportive in reaching your objectives. We advise you, from a non-partisan, independent and non-profit perspective, how you can approach advisory companies, accountants and consultants, who can help you on your path.
‘The review works like a Lanterna Magica: it shares a magic light on your strategy and business.’
The holistic approach of PRIMO is unique. We know how cities and companies are managed. We are familiar with the scientific perspectives, we have read the latest surveys and reports and more importantly we are a network of practitioners and experts. We know the basics of good public governance.
The review connects organisations, teams, people, citizens, companies, environment and society. By its specific value oriented approach it can be focused on a variety of subjects such as a project, program, policy plan, strategic city plan, control and process approach, specific issues and teams. It is fully equipped for a multi-disciplinary approach.
De review has been developed for all organisations, which in one way or another are focused on geographic area based issues. Beside municipalities there are provincies, waterboards, environmental organisations, safety regions, health services and stakeholder organisations. It also applicable for all kind of organisations or teams who want to strengthen their business in the public domain. Resilience of the public domain is one of the crucial starting points.
Resilience is an essential governance paradigm.
- Is sound and compact. The basic version can be carried out in half a day in an interactive meeting with board or management team. The short version can be finalised in 1 day, the extended version can be finalized in 5 days.
- Gives direct result and strategic information about where the main uncertainties and risks can be identified and where governance and management need to be addressed in perspective of targets and plans.
- Offers the ideal combination of top-down and bottom-up approach. Both are necessary to get the best. So working from the city as a whole and combining them with insights from different roles and crafts from the involved organisations creates the path of finding crucial uncertainties and risks.
- Is focused on accurate mapping of values, targets, uncertainties and risks in a proactive and generic way. The approach thus is much wider than just preventing losses and reducing costs.
- Is dialogue oriented and has been developed for a open and interactive discussion and a common analysis of the main values and their risks.
- Contributes to improvement of decision making in governance and management.
Format and prices
The following formats of the are available for tailoring your needs to the max:
- The basic review is 4-hour dialogue with your board. It is just an open discussion, confidential and focused strategic objective, culture diagnosis direct conclusions and decisions. Price is € 1000,00 exclusive VAT and travel costs. Price for non-members € 1450,00 exclusive VAT and travel costs.
- The extended review is inclusive a short analysis report to be used for further exploration and communication in your organisation. Price is € 3150,00 exclusive VAT and travel costs. Price for non-members is € 4.500,00 exclusive VAT and travel costs.
- The corporate review consists of a web survey under your employees. a selection of your staf or relevant clients and stakeholders. We deliver a report with results and conclusions and two 4-hour meetings with your board. Price is € 7.500,00 exclusive VAT and travel costs. Price for non-members is € 9.500,00 exclusive VAT and travel costs.
If your are interested and think that the Value & Risk Review can be beneficial for your team, organisation, please contact us for further information via this form.